Buyer Information Guide
Buyers can pre-register by visiting this link. Because this is a new auction program, everyone must register as a new buyer. We apologize for the inconvenience. It is very important that your email is correct and the number entered is a cell number, NOT A LANDLINE.
AUCTION OPENS FOR BIDS & ADD-ONS
WEDNESDAY, JULY 29th AT 6:00PM
- Auction will open for browsing, bids, and add-ons on July 29 at 6:00 pm. Visit our website at bentoncountywebsiteauction.com to access the site.
- To start bidding you wlil need to log-in; do so by clicking the “Log In” in the top right corner of the screen. Search your name in the drop-down list. If you did not pre-register, please enter all pertinent information with cell phone and email. Select Request Code. This will text you a 4-digit security code. Enter that code in the box below your name (another important reason to have your cell phone entered on registration).To start bidding you will need to log-in; do so by clicking the “Log In” in the top right corner of the screen. Search your name in the drop-down list. If you did not pre-register, please enter all pertinent information with cell phone and email. Select Request Code. This will text you a 4-digit security code. Enter that code in the box below your name (another important reason to have your cell phone entered on registration).
- If your name does not appear on the list, select Register New Buyer, and complete the form. It is absolutely necessary to have email and cell number entered, not land line. A text message will be sent to you with a unique 4-digit code. Enter that code to gain access into the auction site.
- This code is unique to each registered buyer. This password/code is your bidding password for the auction and will be used throughout the auction. Make sure to keep this code for logging back into the site at later times.
- You will receive a text message if a lot you bid on has been outbid.
- There is a filter in the top left corner – click on it to see options to query clubs, cities, species, and, most importantly what lots you have bid on and what lots you currently have winning bid on at that time.
- All lots will remain open for bidding until closing, which begins on July 31, at 12:00 pm (noon).
- Add-ons will continue to remain open throughout the auction and will not close until Tuesday, August 4, at 12:00 midnight. This gives you the opportunity to add money to an individual after the sale.
- Lots will be sold as in the past, in order of the placing, and the species order will be beef, goats, small animals, swine and sheep. There will be minimum bids for this virtual auction; $2,500 for beef,$600 for swine, $400 for goats, and $600 for sheep. This was an established average breakeven, but a large share of the youth have many more dollars invested in their projects.
- Bids will begin to close on July 31st at 12:00 pm (noon), lasting one minute per lot.
- If there is competitive bidding and a bid is placed within the last 30 seconds of the lot closing, the lot will extend for 30 seconds. All subsequent lot closing times will be pushed out accordingly.
NOTE: Lot’s closing times could vary from the actual posted times, therefore, don’t count on the posted times as absolute.
- We expect the closing bidding time to last 4-6 hours. We belive most of the bidding will be done prior to closing.
WHAT TO KNOW WHEN PLACING A BID
DESTINATION, SPLIT BIDS, ETC.
- When placing a bid, there will be a drop down selection to choose desired destination if you win the lot. This selection will remain the same for this lot if future bids are placed. You will be able to edit at any time prior to winning the bid.
- If the lot is split bid, please check the box when placing your first bid. We will need you to call us with the direction of whom the split bid is with. This selection will remain the same for this lot if future bids are placed. You will be able to edit at any time prior to winning the bid.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- Animals will be sold on a per head basis this year and not by the pound as in prior years. We will also have a buy back price on a per head basis. Included in each lot, we will have the average of a per species and per head basis of what our 2019 prices were so that it is easier to convert per pound to per head basis. Buy back price will be announced as we get closer to the sale date.
- Your computer will time out so hit the refresh button (Ctrl R for PC or CMD R for Mac). This may happen during registration but will most likely happen during bidding.
- We hope to follow up with each buyer after closing the sale on Friday night, July 31st, or Saturday morning , August 1st, to confirm instructions. This is our first (and hopefully only) virtual auction and we need to make sure your animals go to the proper processor. This is another great reason why we need your cell phone.
- If you are the buyer, please follow the prompts to choose resale, processor, and, if applicable, the processor of choice. Remember, you choose a processor if you would like to keep the meat and will have a custom order.
- Be sure to watch the live YouTube video going on during the closing time. We will be talking with and about the youth and, very importantly, thanking the winning buyers. We really appreciate your support.
- We will have the bidding process open starting from Wednesday, July 29, 6:00 pm. Please familiarize yourself with the site early so that we can help you if you are having any problems logging on.
- If, at any time, you decide that you just want someone to bid for you, please call any of the numbers to the right and we would be glad to take care of this for you.
- If you would like to settle up in person on the purchase of your animal, we will be at the Benton County Fairgrounds conference room, Saturday, August 1, from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm.
- For anyone who is doing a buyer transport, the animals will be available Saturday, August 1, at 4:30 pm at the Benton County Fairgrounds. Beef will be available at a different location. All animals will be gone by 6:00 pm.
2019 PRICE PER HEAD AVERAGES
|Sheep||$1,900 per head|
IF YOU NEED ASSISTANCE, PLEASE CALL US AT ONE OF THE NUMBERS BELOW
|Bruce Ashenbrenner||(541) 740-8121|
|Julie White||(541) 740-4692|
|Darrell Oakes||(541) 740-6256|
|Steve Pilkerton||(541) 740-6729|
|Ryan Cheeke||(541) 990-7168|
|Pat Boren||(541) 929-2144|
|Robyn Rice||(541) 760-1656|
|Craig Hendrickson||(541) 619-5445|
|Dianne Schmidt||(541) 231-2421|
We so appreciate all the buyers’ support for our 4-H youth in Benton County. Thank you, in advance, for your time and investment. We all strive for the same goal; to continue to make our youth the leaders of the next generation. Thank you for helping us make good kids become great kids.
The 4-H LEE ALLEN MEMORIAL YOUTH LIVESTOCK AUCTION is the culmination of a year of hard work by 4-H youth with their Project Animals. Kids learn daily real-life skills taking care of their animals, including discipline, responsibility and planning – the auction is a way to teach advanced skills such as business acumen, public speaking and more. Local buyers, businesses and individuals alike, work together to create purchasing opportunities at market rates to support these 4-H youth.